Engelstad Foundation Scholarship for Veterans
We are so pleased to announce a new scholarship opportunity for student veterans at USC!
The Engelstad Foundation Scholarship for Veterans was recently established at USC because of a generous gift from the Engelstad Family Foundation. This is the first central gift that gives scholarships to student veterans from all schools within the University.
Undergraduate and graduate student veterans are both eligible. Preference will go first towards undergraduate student veterans, with need, completing bachelor degrees, who:
- Have exhausted all of their VA benefits prior to USC or while at USC
- Will exhaust their benefits while at USC and will have remaining need
- Have a less than 100% eligibility for their VA benefits
- Have a less than 100% GI Bill that makes them ineligible for Yellow Ribbon scholarships
We welcome you to apply for the 2020-2021 year. This scholarship is an ongoing award, which is why we are asking for your academic plan. We’d like to give you continued support as an Engelstad Foundation Scholar while you are a student at USC.
Please answer the supplementary questions and upload:
- Your VA ebenefits remaining (you can access them from https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/)
- Your academic plan (that you and your academic advisor have agreed upon)
For the Fall 2020 term, please apply ASAP. We also welcome applications for the Spring 2021 term.
Note: If you are being considered for this award, you will be required to apply for financial aid if you haven’t done so already. This is one of the conditions of the scholarship.