USC First-Generation Scholarship - USC Career Center
The First-Generation Scholarship is a monetary award for first-generation students who secure unpaid summer internships.
This scholarship supports first-generation students looking to gain experience to complement their academic coursework. Students will be selected through an application and interview process. All internships must be a minimum of six weeks during the summer. An award of $2,000 will be given to selected students.
In collaboration with our First-Generation Mentor Program and campus partners, we are excited to offer this scholarship opportunity for first-generation students who secure unpaid summer internships. This initiative supports students looking to gain hands-on experience. Students will “test drive” a career field and enhance their professionalism through a career-oriented internship.
- Currently enrolled first-generation college student in an undergraduate degree program at USC with a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Graduation date between December 2021 – May 2024
- Secured internship by 12:00 pm PT on Friday, April 16, 2021 (can include fee-based virtual internships)
- Must work at least six weeks at an organization, in any field or industry
- Must have written proof of internship, including intern supervisor name/contact information
- Sample budget for how the scholarship will be utilized
In addition to this online application, applicants need to submit these additional materials (Resume, STARS report, Essay and internship job description) in connectSC – https://careers.usc.edu/connectSC/, Posting ID#214827.