USC First-Generation Scholarship - USC Career Center
The First-Generation Scholarship is a monetary award for first-generation students who secure unpaid summer internships.
This scholarship supports first-generation students looking to gain experience to complement their academic coursework. Students will be selected through an application and interview process. All internships must be a minimum of six weeks during the summer. An award of $2,000 will be given to selected students.
In collaboration with our First-Generation Mentor Program and campus partners, we are excited to offer this scholarship opportunity for first-generation students who secure unpaid summer internships. This initiative supports students looking to gain hands-on experience. Students will “test drive” a career field and enhance their professionalism through a career-oriented internship.
- Currently enrolled first-generation college student in an undergraduate degree program at USC with a minimum 2.8 GPA
- Graduation date between December 2020 – May 2023
- Secured internship by 12:00 pm on Friday, April 17, 2020
- Must work at least six weeks at an organization, in any field or industry
- Must have written proof of internship, including intern supervisor name/contact information
In addition to this online application, applicants need to submit these additional materials (Resume, STARS report, Essay and internship job description) in connectSC – https://careers.usc.edu/connectSC/, Posting ID#192792.